Happy Mother's Day!

This Mother's Day was one of the best days I've ever had.  I'm not sure if it's because my kids are older and they're more in tune to how special holidays are or what, but they and Jake made it so sweet for me.  We didn't do anything too much out of the ordinary but it was still wonderful.  I woke to Cole giving me snuggles and as soon as everyone else was awake, they gave me their homemade cards, which I always love.  We went to church and then Jake and the kids took me out to one of my favorite restaurants in town, Water Street Brewery.  Yum!

Then, we came home and all of the kids did an INCREDIBLE job getting pictures with me.  I have decided for the rest of the year that my goal is to try and be in pictures with the kids more.  Cole was the photographer for all of these (except the ones with him, of course!) and I'm thinking we have a photographer in the making!






Truly, after getting these photos, I could have been done celebrating because I was so giddy to have these memories.  But we decided it was time to do a family bike ride to the ice cream shop in town.  Not really thinking about it, we hopped on our bikes (with Laina in the trailer behind Jake) and paraded our way to the ice cream shop.  It was quite a sight and we got a lot of smiles and some "Are you crazy?!?" looks from cars along the way.  Once we got to the shop (which is quite a trek for three little bike riders), Jake and I were kicking ourselves because we completely forgot that the ice cream place was CLOSED!  Thankfully, quick thinking man that he is, Jake ran to the gas station on the corner to get us some Crunch ice cream bars.  So, we just visited the ice cream shop and I of course saw it as another opportunity to get some photos of my sweet kids.










Cole got this sticker at church and wore it all day...

Check out those baby blues!  I was in heaven with the light we had!





We rode back home where Cole, Maurah and Hayden put on a magic show for me in the backyard.  It was one of the cutest things ever.  Cole would whisper in Hayden's ear and she would repeat him.  My favorite part was when she said, "This is desicated to Megan Manne!"    Then, they would say, "Abra-cadabra!" and Cole would make each of the girls disappear...a.k.a., I would close my eyes and they would run and hide under the slide.  I can't even describe how much fun I had watching them.

We played for a while more and then it got to be dinner time pretty quickly there after.  Since we had big lunches, the kids asked for cereal outside at their picnic table...easy enough!  :)  As they were eating, Cole stopped and said, "Mom, can I pray?"  And then he went on to say this: "Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for this food.  Thank you so much for this day that we get to celebrate our mom and show her how much we love her because we love her so so much.  Thank You for the best day ever.  In Jesus' Name, Amen."

Okay...I had tears in my eyes.  How could my SIX year old be so sweet and genuine?!?  Seriously, Cole ate up the idea of this day and blessed me all day long by wishing me a Happy Mother's Day and giving hugs or saying his new phrase of, "I love you more than anything, Mom."  I was even told he loves me more than chocolate ice cream...if that's not love, I don't know what is!!

Jake was out running while the kids had supper and we finished up and went inside where they snuggled up together to watch a Christmas movie Laina had picked out.  Yes...Christmas.  After the movie was finished, we read Max Lucado's book, You are Special.  I LOVE this book for children.  After we read, I got to tell each of the kids exactly what makes them special and how they are just like the characters in the story.  I then got to thank them for making ME feel so special all day long and how I'm so thankful that I get to be their mommy.  As I tucked them all in their beds, I felt like I could have burst with the thankfulness I had for my family.  I realize it's a gift not many have.


As Jake got home, he and I decided it was in home date night for us.  We ordered out, rented a movie and promptly fell asleep halfway through just like the old feeling parents we are!  Maybe we'll try to finish it tonight. :)

I'm pretty sure we couldn't duplicate the greatness of this day if we tried.  But I'm so thankful for the times that God gives us these "perfect" days together to remind me of what I have.  Because what I have is SO incredible.

No comments:

A New Spark

June also brought with it a somewhat new adventure for Maurah.  She joined MainStage Academy of Dance in the winter and showcased her work t...