September Little Things

While it seems a bit ludicrous to be writing about September 2016 in January 2017, I've got a few minutes before I have to pick up the kids from school, and you'd better believe I want to get these memories down somewhere concrete.  Besides, December photos aren't even imported into Lightroom yet, so this is as good as it gets for now!

I should have made my resolution something about keeping up with this blog....

School started for us at the very beginning of September.  Every year I say that the summer has flown by, but this was a year where I meant every word of it.  I could not believe I was sending these kiddos off to school!  I was so sad to see the summer go.  Here are our first day of school photos!

Cole, 5th grade - this is our last year in elementary school with him.  I cannot believe it.  I woke up the other morning and realized that I won't even hit another decade before he is graduated!  He will be graduating the same year I turn 40 - let's all start stocking up on Kleenexes NOW.



Maurah, 3rd grade - she just looks so grown up to me - how can this be happening?  Someone needs to hold me.

Hayden, 3rd grade - she changed the most since last year, adopting "sporty" as her "style."  She certainly is my natural little athlete and as sweet as can be.


Laina, 1st grade - love that toothless smile of hers!  She's growing up, but she's still our baby and that helps when the other three resemble nothing of babyness!

My heart.


My friend took this pic of the BFFs on their first day of first grade - love these girlies and their teachers!

Laina decided to play soccer this year since her friends were doing it.  After we traumatized her with tee-ball, she was really hesitant to play a sport.  Thankfully, a love affair swiftly grew and now, amongst all of the other career choices she wants to be, a soccer player is at the top of her list!

It helps that her coach is one of her besties' moms.  This picture just cracks me up!  Coach Wolbert's own mini-me!  :)



The sisters of these future soccer stars find some fun during games too!

Laina and Jilly - hand-in-hand whenever they can be.  Love it.


I got to go on a mommy date with all of these lovely mamas.  And oh my gosh, we were a MESS trying to get a good selfie!  The number of outtakes we had were hysterical!  We definitely realized our age when we attempted this groupie!

It only took a half hour, but we finally got one!  Ha!


We got a new toaster oven, which is huge for this family.  The ability to heat things up easily and toast multiple slices of bread in the morning is huge for us!  Clearly, Maurah was ecstatic about this purchase!  

The twins and I went on a much needed date.  We headed to the Chocolate Factory and then went for a walk along the boardwalk.  What a beautiful September evening we had laughing and sharing about of the new things happening in life.  I love nights like these and cherish them deeply.


We headed to Michigan for a quick Labor Day Weekend trip.  We soaked up the last of the summer days with our cousins we miss so much.




We headed to my sister-in-law's for a campfire and s'mores.  The kids played some silly games together and Roy cracked us up looking like a little Babushka with his Thomas the Train shirt tied around his head.




Love these three Musketeers so much - just missing one!

The sunset was absolutely gorgeous and I had to take a photo.  It made me miss the Michigan fields and orchards we grew up surrounded with.

A beautiful way to round out September!

No comments:

A New Spark

June also brought with it a somewhat new adventure for Maurah.  She joined MainStage Academy of Dance in the winter and showcased her work t...