February Little Things

February was a month packed with lots of fun.

We kicked it off with some Superbowl fun.  Jake made a Superbowl Bingo game for the kids they filled out with Starbursts.  Any time they got a Bingo, they were able to get a load of candy to eat.


This was our very unhealthy spread...

Which this girl was totally jazzed about!


Laina had a sleepover with at her friend's and I got this text from my friend about the girls' afternoon:
She said one of the neighbors is an elderly gentleman who they've never seen smile or be incredibly warm.  My friend was a little hesitant to have the girls stop at his place, but she said he smiled hugely and was so touched by their thoughtfulness.  These girls are world changers, I tell you.  We ended up taking Sophia with us to watch Cole play basketball that morning.  I love how they always hold hands anywhere they go.

Hayden spent a lot of time making origami butterflies and decorating them beautifully to hang above her bed.


I check on the kids each night still before I head to bed myself, and this particular night, my breath was taken away by this guy.  I see this amazing young man he's becoming and my baby boy who made me a mama all at once.

We watched that amazing kid play a lot of basketball this month with an amazing coach and team.  This is one sport I can never tire of watching, and Cole's season did not disappoint.





We did a special Valentine's hairstyle for school...

And that face of that little love bug makes me smile so much!

This one does too, all dressed in her red for the day!

The weather has been unseasonably warm for Wisconsin winters....well, unseasonably warm for anything that contains the word winter!  We got up to the 70s and these kids were so grateful to get to be outside on the trampoline sans jackets!

The weather had us outside a ton, and we all LOVED getting that fresh air.  Maurah is thinking about playing softball this spring, so she was all about playing catch.





Our friends have been watching the kids after school on Tuesdays and I got a text saying they were just taking their babies for a walk.  I love how Maurah is crazy and Brooks looks like he is wondering what's going on!  ;)

We went back to our daily charts which helps us get ourselves organized around here.  I get away from doing these so often, but am always so glad when we get back on track.  The kids don't typically mind doing their jobs when it's laid out like this and it helps us keep up with all things house and home.

The kids have to do 30 minutes of reading to mark off of their charts, and I love hearing this little lady read with all of her inflections.

Hayden helped me make cheesy bread for dinner one night...it's so fun to have the kids getting older and able to truly help more, making the work more fun for us all!

Maurah has been working hard at ballet and I LOVE that this experience has reunited her with a great friend who started at a new school this year.


Cole had a friend over and the boys went to town with their bball skills.

This guy is just the sweetest and I'm so thankful for his friendship to Cole.

Maurah and Hayden had a friend over too and the girls set away promptly getting their nails beautified.

The kids made personal pizzas which is what I did almost all of the time that I spent the night at my best friend's house growing up.  These guys were amazing little chefs!

 



Laina still amazes me with the things she comes up with to create.  This was her little mural she made for her friend who had been away from school for a few days:


We went costume shopping for the kids' musical (posted HERE) and Cole proceeded to scare the bejeebers out of me with this:

This was during Laina's sleepover so it ended up being a really fun date with these older three.  After all of our running errands, a visit for froyo was a must!

This was definitely a great way to wrap up this month!

No comments:

A New Spark

June also brought with it a somewhat new adventure for Maurah.  She joined MainStage Academy of Dance in the winter and showcased her work t...