Bring on the Pink!

It's official - we found out today that we are having two girls! The news has finally sunk in and we are very excited. Jake and I went to the at-risk doctor today and I think we were pretty consumed with some anxiousness and maybe fear about how healthy the babies would be. Because of that, we didn't have that many thoughts about the gender of these babies. So now the news is kicking in and we are very excited to have a room in our house that will have some pastels! The babies seemed very healthy with Baby Girl A weighing 1.1 pounds and Baby Girl B weighing 15 ounces. Apparently, I'm not gaining weight the way the at-risk doctor would like me to, so he's setting me up with a dietitian - funny - I always thought it'd be cool to have a dietitian so I could lose weight and be in amazing shape - not to gain weight that I'll have to try and lose later! I will now be seeing this doctor every two weeks as well, which puts me in a doctor's office once every week. I'm glad they're making sure all is well with the twins, but I also laugh inside and think How did women have twins before ultrasounds and technology? My goodness, the precautions they take! But again, I'm just glad to know that we will definitely catch anything that might go wrong. So, as I was told today, prepare to buy more shoes and welcome to the world of pink!

3 comments:

~joanne said...

That's very exciting news...congrats!!!

Rhonda said...

We are happy, happy for you! Those sisters will be the best of friends and that sure is special.

Sara said...

How fun! Have a great time decorating! :-)

A New Spark

June also brought with it a somewhat new adventure for Maurah.  She joined MainStage Academy of Dance in the winter and showcased her work t...