Just in case you haven't made your cookies for Santa yet, here is my very.favorite.ever sugar cookie recipe.  I just made up a batch for the kids and I to decorate tomorrow.  We have to be prepared when the big guy makes his appearance at our place Friday night!

Christmas Eve Cookies

1 cup butter/margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 1/2 cup sifted flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter with sugar until fluffy.  Beat in egg.  Dump in the flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.  Stir in vanilla and mix even better than before.  Cover and chill 1 hour.  Roll out on floured board and cut with cookie cutters.  Bake on ungreased sheet at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

We always make some vanilla frosting and decorate according to our shapes.  Seriously, these things are so EASY which is one of my favorite parts about them.  Another favorite part is eating the dough....I could probably eat the entire bowl before I even baked the cookies!  This recipe is from my Grandma's church cookbooks.  In my opinion, church cookbooks are the very best place to find yummy recipes, don't you think?

So don't read any further....Go!  Make some cookies for Santa!  And if Santa just so happens to be you, well, enjoy!!

No comments:

A New Spark

June also brought with it a somewhat new adventure for Maurah.  She joined MainStage Academy of Dance in the winter and showcased her work t...