Happy Birthday!

This weekend we celebrated Jake's 29th birthday!

Since my Father's Day picture debacle posted here, I made sure to get some good shots of my man and our kids together.

We were waiting and waiting to have Jake's birthday treat.  He isn't much of a cake guy so we made him Reese's Peanut Butter bars instead.  We couldn't wait any longer so we had them for a before-lunch snack...and yes, I won the "Cool Mom Award" from my kids for that!  :)


Apparently, instant gratification was the theme of Jake's birthday this year because I gave him his gift when it arrived earlier in the week!  I was so proud of myself because I was very sneaky, ordering him a t-shirt from Mendmark that he had seen and wanted a couple of weeks before.  I deleted the receipt from my purchase, and even cleared our Internet's history so he'd never know what I got him.  Just call me Lois Lane.  :)

Each of the kids made their very own card for Jake.  This is the part that is so sweet.  Here is Laina's:


The inside read, "Dear Daddy, I love our morning time together and I love when you hold me.  Love, Laina."  I know that's exactly what she would have said had she known the words to say it.  :)

I didn't get an outside photo of Hayden's but hers was Tinkerbell.  The inside is the best anyway:


Do you see all of the "H"s around the paper?  That's her first letter she's recognizing and she was so proud to write them all by herself all over her Daddy's card.

Maurah's card:



Again, Maurah recognizes "M" and writes this letter whenever she can.  She was so happy her Dad noticed that she wrote it all by herself!

Last but absolutely not least is Cole's:



He was so sweet how he kept going on and on about how much he loves his Dad.  And then, to top it off, he wrote the "Love, Cole" in "cursive"! Did you notice that?!?  What a guy.

And what a guy THIS guy is.  I am thinking this is my new absolute favorite picture ever.  All the people I love so much, loving a gorgeous day with each other.  Life doesn't get any better than this!


Happy 29th, Jake!  We love you so much!

1 comment:

~joanne said...

Awwww...what a guy!!! I would have colored a Power Ranger picture/card for him!!!

A New Spark

June also brought with it a somewhat new adventure for Maurah.  She joined MainStage Academy of Dance in the winter and showcased her work t...