Summertime...and the livin' is easy

I am loving summer so far. 

Today is what I would call our first day of real summer vacation.  We have no plans to go anywhere or do anything and I can't tell you how great that feels!

This morning I got to enjoy listening to the kids play "camping".  I zipped two sleeping bags together so they could all fit in them together.  I wish I had my camera because it was quite a sight!  I loved hearing them start giving each other "roles"...you know, who's the mom, the dad, etc.  So Hayden ended up being the dad, Maurah was the mom and then I heard Cole say, "Alright, fine!  But DON'T call me daughter because I am a son, NOT a daughter...got it?"  To which the girls replied, "Okay, okay!"  It cracked me up.  While Hayden is happy as can be to be the dad, Cole would rather die than play a girl's part.  Isn't it so funny how quickly that changes from age 3 to 5? 

All of the sudden then, they all got busy building puzzles.  Two of my favorite things ever for kids to do:  ride bikes and build puzzles.  So they get the puzzle all over the floor and I listen to Cole teaching the girls to build the outside of the puzzle first.  "See how this piece has a line on it?  And this one doesn't?  You want the pieces with the lines first, hun."  I love listening to them when they work together!  Is there anything better than some love and teamwork between your kids?!?

We are all working toward having a good week this week so that on Friday (Jake's day off) we can go to the Madison Zoo for our first time.  I really hope we have a good week because my favorite thing ever to do with the kids is go to the zoo!  I really don't want to miss out on this trip!  I'm sure I'll have tons of photos to post too.  :)

I leave you with this photo of Hayden walking out of her class at Adventure Camp last week.  She saw me with my camera and immediately struck a pose...what a diva! :)

No comments:

A New Spark

June also brought with it a somewhat new adventure for Maurah.  She joined MainStage Academy of Dance in the winter and showcased her work t...